Commissioner Bill Lowry would like to share with 3rd District Residents:
IBEW Local 134 and the Electrical Contractors’ Association sponsor apprenticeship program through the Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Unit has permission from the U.S. Department of Labor to open registration for new applicants for its Communications Program.
Registration will take place at IBEW-NECA Technical Institute (6201 W. 115th Street, Alsip, Illinois) on the following dates/times: Monday, March 4, through Friday, March 15, 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
Applicants must report in person and bring the following documents:
1. Your valid Driver’s License
2. Your original Social Security Card
You must also provide copies of the following documents, which will be kept by EJATT.
1. A $25 non-refundable registration fee.
2. Copy of U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization or Permanent Resident Alien Card
3. Copy of H.S. Transcript, or a copy of a H.S. Diploma, or GED certificate. College transcripts do not satisfy this requirement. Current H.S. seniors may register.
4. Proof of HS level Algebra with a grade of at least a “C” or better or one post-H.S. level Algebra course or higher-level course with a grade of at least a “C” or better, you must provide a copy of a transcript.
Communications technicians: maintain, construct, and repair the equipment used for electronic communications, cable televisions, satellites, wireless devices, phones, radio, and broadband equipment. They may work on fiber-optic lines, transmitters, antennas, and signal processing equipment.
For more details, visit www.local134.com.